Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cooper's 1st Day of Preschool!

Second year, first day of preschool.  This year Cooper is a penguin!  His teachers seem great and we know he will have an awesome year!  We were happy to see familiar faces from his class last year and new ones too.  The biggest change...no nap at school!  I don't think this kid has ever gone one day of his life without a nap of some sort.  He was so happy and excited when we picked him up that I thought, well maybe he doesn't need a nap today!  And then we got in the car.  By the time we got home (less than 10 minutes), he was a bear.  It was straight to bed and he was out in minutes!  I woke him up an hour later but based on his attitude, I would say he could have slept another hour :).  

Here are our 1st day of school pics-sorry, I just couldn't cut them down!  I rarely have cooperating subjects :).
 Yep, on Tuesday he wanted to be a teacher.  And no, I didn't provoke this answer.  Actually we were kind of shocked by it...when probing him, he said he wants to be a teacher so he can help take care of the kids at the gym.  He has taken quite the liking to childcare at Lifetime.  Provoked or not, I loved his answer, especially because I was certain his answer was going to be Justin Bieber or Spiderman.
 Of course, thanks Pinterest for the idea.  It was just a chalkboard with a boring wood frame so Coop and I painted it the night before school.
You can't really tell, but Dad fixed his hair like Justin Biebers and the boys from One Direction.  On the way to school he said, "Do you think my teachers are going to say...is that Justin Bieber or Cooper in our class?"  Adam and I just looked at each other and smiled.  This boy loves The Biebs!
 We were so happy Dad could go into work late so that he could take part and go with us to meet Coop's teachers and see his classroom.
 He didn't want to take a picture with me.  I told him I was going to be so sad to not have him with me all day and I needed something to make me feel better.  He knows his hugs are my favorite.
 Kisses too!  yes, i am wearing shorts even though it appears i am naked from the waist down!
 Man, I love this little boy.
 Sassy sissy did not want to be touched, but how hilarious is Cooper's pose?
 Oh my gosh, it's pictures like this that make me realize how much they look like one another!
 Doodles is smiling because she knows she has Mom to herself for a few hours twice a week and can play uninterrupted with all her brother's trucks :).  And she obviously had strawberries for breakfast.
 Thanks to Mamaw and Papaw for the awesome backpack!

This is the only pic inside the classroom.  It was a tad chaotic-imagine that!

Because I know you are dying to recall Cooper's 1st day of preschool last year...here is the link.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I've been reading your blog forever and it's crazy he's already in preschool! :)

    ReplyDelete