Friday, January 4, 2013

Smile Fridays - week 28

After a couple week hiatus, Smile Fridays are back.  I am sure you are just dying to hear what I have to smile about this week :).  This week is about good people and doing good.

Our mailman is Carl and he is the best.  If we are outside playing, he always take time to say to the kids.  Since he knows I have small kids who nap, he never rings the doorbell with a package.  Instead, just leaves it knowing I will be coming out to get the mail at somepoint.  He is always on time and smiling, don't you just love someone that loves (or at least pretends to) their job?  It's refreshing.  I had our mail held over Christmas break.  He brought it to the door yesterday and let me know he picked up our newspapers and hid them behind the bushes by the front door.  He said that's a key sign to robbers to know no one is at the house.  How kind!  I had completely forgot about stopping newspaper delivery.  Yay for good mailmen and women!

I am certain this was our best Christmas gift this year.   Who doesn't need more prayers?  And I love how Adam's Grandma signs her cards :).

It's a New Year!  That should make me smile, right?  Well, Adam and I were talking a couple nights ago how daunting the thought of a whole new year, 12 blank months, 365 days seems.  Separately we had both been thinking about it and we both were focused on the negatives, all the what-ifs.  What if...something happens to one of the kids, Adam would lose his job, one of our parents/siblings/grandparents/etc would become sick, we weren't  able to add on to our family???  Ugh, ugh, ugh.  Well, those items are out of our control so it's up to us to make the best of each day and bring more good to the world.  So, there it is.  My new year's resolution...do more good.  I feel so lucky to live this life and I need to be paying it forward.  I am not exactly sure what that looks like yet, but I will be working on it.  Now I am accountable, it's written here for all 10 of you to see :).  I hope 2013 is the best one yet!


1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile:
    1) what an awesome mailman!! Tell him to move to WashMO
    2) oh "Grandma, Marie, GG"...she's the best
    3) I have those same feelings about a new year too! I always feel like I need something to look forward to & to fill up the blank spaces on my calendar. When in reality I should be filling up those blank spots with more "good."
    Thanks for the reminders & smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete