Thursday, February 28, 2013

28 Days of LOVE follow up


Well, it's February 28th and I have officially completed my 28 Days of Love project I first posted about here.  It was fun, rewarding and made me a happier person.  Adam asked me what my favorite items on my list were and the first one that immediately popped in my head was taking Sonic cherry limeades to the crossing guards at our local elementary school.  Why?  They were so darn happy, surprised, grateful, gave me hugs and were the only people throughout all of this that promised to pass it on.  Overall it was an incredible experience and I hope to do it again next February.  Did you participate??  If so, what was your favorite act of kindness???

There was one thing on my list I was really looking forward to, volunteering at the local charity, Food for the Soul.  They have an incredible back pack program, it sends kids who wouldn't eat on the weekends home with a backpack of food.  Otherwise these kids can go 65 hours before being back at school where they can get breakfast/lunch.  Can you imagine?  I can barely go 3 hours without eating, so pathetic.  Well, they ended up calling me to cancel, help wasn't needed at the time. 

However, to make up for it and give a BIG send-off to these 28 Days of Love and random acts of kindness I wanted to do something special.  I was browsing the Food for the Soul website here and clicked on the backpack program.  It was there that I read this, "$95 will feed a student every weekend of the school year."  WOW!  I doubled that at CostCo today for food that will last us much less than that.  It was like a slap across the face from humble.  A few of you have commented that you wish you had jumped on the 28 Days of Love bandwagon.  

Well, I am here to make it easy on you.  I have set up an online Stella and Dot show with 100% of my commission going to Food for the Soul.  How awesome if we could donate $95 to feed a child for the whole school year!?  And...I will raffle off the hostess rewards (aka free jewelry credits) to one lucky guy or gal!  All you have to do is this, shop this link.  It's that easy.  Or, email me ash4545@hotmail.com.

Here are my current favorites!
Need an Easter gift?  This a best seller...sterling silver, delicate and perfect for all ages!  You can see more details about it here.


I will keep you posted on the 28 Days of Love finale!  


1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun! I am working on my update today too and already mentioned that the crossing guards was the most exciting for me too! How funny. :) So glad you did this Ashley. You have a wonderful heart.

    ReplyDelete